Herby Butter Roast Chicken Breast Recipe
Busy week at work? If you’re struggling to find time for cooking, we’ve got a quick and easy dish for you that will win round the whole family. Transform chicken in minutes with this simple herby butter recipe that'll please even the fussiest of eaters. We’ve used mixed herbs, which holds the aromatic delights of marjoram, basil, oregano and thyme to create a true taste sensation, while a good dose of Schwartz ground black pepper adds a fiery bite of flavour. This is chicken seasoning at its finest – just serve up with new potatoes and fresh greens and you’re done.
- 1 Remove the tray from the oven and leave the chicken breasts to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
- 2 Pre-heat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Mix the butter and mixed herbs together with a good pinch of salt.
- 3 Make three shallow cuts in the chicken breast then place on an ovenproof baking tray.
- 4 Spread the butter over the chicken breasts, then season with black pepper. Place the onions around the chicken and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 5 After 15 minutes, pour the stock into the pan then roast for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.