Chocolate Chip Ginger Cookies
- 1 1. Pre-heat your oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 2. Mix the soft butter & brown sugar in a bowl and whisk for 1 minute. After 1 minute, add the egg and continue to whisk, then sift in the flour and add the baking powder and the ginger, stirring the mixture constantly. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in well.
- 3 3. Line your baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. Form 20 balls of dough using an ice cream scoop 4 cm in diameter.
- 4 4. Place 10 balls on each baking tray, spacing them as much as possible. Flatten each ball so they are about 1 cm thick and then cook for 12 minutes, keeping an eye on them as they cook.
- 5 5. After taking them out of the oven, let them cool on a rack before eating.
- 6 Tip: Let the mixture harden in the fridge for about 30 minutes between steps 4 and 5 so that the balls are easier to shape.