Ikan Panggang Spicy Indonesian Grilled Fish
Curry Powder, Cardamom, Ginger, lemon grass and lime are combined with coconut cream as a marinade for fresh mackerel which is then quickly cooked under a hot grill.
- 1 Gently grind the Cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar. Add the Crushed Chillies, Ground Ginger and salt and grind together.
- 2 Transfer to a bowl, stir in the shallots, lemon grass and turmeric. Cut the limes in half and scoop out the flesh. Dice the flesh and add to the bowl. Stir in the coconut cream and mix together.
- 3 Cut 3 diagonal slits in each side of the mackerel down to the bone to allow the marinade to penetrate right into the center.
- 4 Add the mackerel and coat evenly with the marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- 5 Pre-heat the grill to hot and grill the mackerel for 4-5 minutes on each side, basting frequently, until browned and cooked through. Serve immediately with lime wedges.