Cinnamon Spiced Salmon
Cinnamon is often associated with sweet dishes, particularly cakes and desserts. We don’t disapprove of that at all, but cinnamon is a wonderfully versatile spice that works just as well in savoury cooking too.
To show off how well Schwartz Ground Cinnamon can work in a savoury dish, we have this delicious baked salmon fillet recipe, with a gently spiced marinade. A very simple dish, the marinade is quick and easy to put together and blends subtle Schwartz cCinnamon and Chilli Powder with the sweetness of honey.
Pair the salmon fillets with rice for a light and healthy weeknight meal or use it as the centrepiece of a lunchtime salad.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Place the salmon fillets on a baking dish.
- 3 In a small bowl mix together the other ingredients and then spread over the top of the salmon.
- 4 Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- 5 Serve with rice or side salad.