A hot and spicy Lamb Madras marinated for an even fuller flavour.
- 1 Blend the vinegar, tomato purée and 1 tbs Madras Curry Spices. Add the lamb, cover and marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or, for best results, overnight.
- 2 Cook the lamb in a saucepan with 150ml of the water for 20-25 minutes, until most of the water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the onion gently, until browned. Add the remaining 2 tbs Curry Spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- 4 Add this, along with the remaining water to the lamb, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- 5 Serve with basmati rice flavoured with a few cardamom pods and a cinnamon stick during cooking.