Roast Lamb with Lemon Pepper
1 Hour 45 Minutes
For a centrepiece ready to steal the show this Christmas, look no further than this beautiful roast lamb. Irresistible garlic, sea salt and rosemary leave the succulent slow-roasted lamb perfectly seasoned, while a dash of lemon pepper adds a zesty freshness. Serve your lamb roast with rosemary potatoes and sizzling cherry tomatoes for an unforgettable Christmas dinner.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- 2 Make plenty of deep cuts all over the lamb. Mix together the garlic, rosemary and oil in a bowl, then push small amounts of the garlic and rosemary mixture into the slits, using half of the quantity. Season the lamb with lemon pepper and salt. Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
- 3 Remove the foil from the lamb and spoon the remaining garlic and rosemary mixture over the lamb. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 and roast uncovered for a further 45 minutes. Alternatively, if you prefer your lamb pink, only cook for a further 20 minutes.
- 4 Remove the roast lamb from the oven and leave to rest, covered with clean tea towels, for 15 minutes before carving. Delicious served with roasted cherry tomatoes and cubed potatoes.
- 5 Add a twist to your festive feast with our Christmas inspiration.